Pope Paul VI was quoted by the Catholic Magazine “Immaculata” from a book they produced called “The Devil and Exorcism” (April 1974) saying, “show the devil to Christian souls as he really is, and his ugliness will not attract them; hide the devil and in ignorance they will follow him. The devil has been hidden too long. Not by the Church but by those who have little faith or no faith in the supernatural. The power of the devil weakens as soon as his pretenses are exposed”.
St. Peter tells us to “Be sober, be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour”.
This is echoed in the St. Michael Prayer and that is an important prayer for today’s spiritual warfare:
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, Satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
O my God,
I am heartily sorry for
having offended Thee,
and I detest all my sins,
because I dread the loss of heaven,
and the pains of hell;
but most of all because
they offend Thee, my God,
Who are all good and
deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve,
with the help of Thy grace,
to confess my sins,
to do penance,
and to amend my life.
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census) – 5 times
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
- 85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
- 80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)
- 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average. (Rainbows for All God’s Children)
- 70% of youths in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Sept. 1988)
- 85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Fulton Co. Georgia, Texas Dept. of Correction)
It is clear that there are many young people today that are not being equipped to fight the battle of life. Even should your speak to them about the Faith, many times it shoot right past them because they do not know the language.
In 2006, there were reported 33,000 suicides that year. How tragic this is. Many of these can be reached with help, but a good foundation might go a long way as well.
STD’s are the most common diseases in America next to the common cold and flu.
12 Million new STD cases are reported each year. That is about 33,000 per day.
45 million Americans are infected with an incurable STD.
There are now more than 60 different kinds of STD’s that exist.
20 different STD’s are rampant among teenagers.
63% of all STD’s occur in persons less than 25 years of age.
STD’s infect 3 million teenagers each year and growing.
Last year it was reported that 1 out of 4 girls have been diagnosed down to the age of 12. 60-80% infected with an STD do not develop initial symptoms.
AID’s has been a leading cause of death (among 18-25 years old) despite wonder drugs that help extend life, there is no cure. The following statements reveal the danger condoms present in acquiring STD’s:
The destruction of many families has wounded our Country. To strengthen our Nation, we must strengthen our families. It is important that we return to God with all our hearts. Our Lady’s peace plan from heaven is a most important opportunity.
I recently was at a local Senior Citizen Home and what a great honor it was to share the Rosary with them. I have deputized them into the Rosary Patrol. Can you imagine something like this all across the Country!
Many of the people at these locations have lost touch with their families (truly sad and wrong), but the Lord certainly would bless them in praying the Rosary for our Country! In doing so, many would be able to recognize the “Angel of Light” and turn to the true God!